[Iftop-users] iftop 0.15pre2

Paul Warren pdw at ex-parrot.com
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:55:58 +0100

Another release for y'all to try:

http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pdw/iftop/download/iftop-0.15pre2.tar.gz

I've added config file support.  The code for this was inspired (in the
"cp config.{c,h} ~/cvs/iftop" sense of the word) by code from tpop3d.
To make things easy, this stuff is totally undocumented, except for me
saying:

cat > ~/.iftoprc
interface: eth0
dns-resolution: yes
use-bytes: no
log-scale: yes
max-bandwidth: 10M
filter-code: not port 53
^D

cfgfile.c may give further clues.  I'll be documenting this properly for
the 0.15 release and at some point I'll add the ability to dump the
current configuration to a config file.

For your ease and convenience I have changed the letters bound to
various options.  Actually, this was an attempt at getting consistency
between command-line options and run-time buttons.

Please let me know if it doesn't work.

Paul